The Complete Ro-busters



Yo me he comprado este.. Que me tenia mejor pinta que el nuevo.... y tambien escrito por Alan Moore ;)dibujado por Dave Gibbons, Carlos Pinto y demas...
me han hecho un dibujo... Pero de despistada q soy me lo he dejado en la tienda :( a ver si lo recupero!!!!

Wikipedia ref:

The story was one of those aimed at being the core of the new title Starlord, a spin-off from 2000 AD. The concept was based on a suggestion from managing editor John Sanders and, according to writer Pat Mills "I did this really as a favour and as a way of pissing off the managing editor who pitched an idea to me about ex-servicemen with super powers who deal with disasters. It was a dreadful idea and I bypassed it by doing Ro-Busters, which he hated - so I knew my story would be a hit"[2] Although he had stayed with 2000 AD, and would go on to be the art editor there, Kevin O'Neill provided the initial designs for Ro-Buster[3] but would only draw the series later after its move to 2000 AD.

The stories were drawn by a number of artists and Dave Gibbons has fond memories of his work on Ro-Busters:
“ "I used to love doing Ro-Busters. I think the "Terra-Meks" story was arguably one of my finest hours. It was a great script Pat wrote for that, really emotional and kind of 2000 AD at its best. Grandiose, outrageous concepts, yet with a real humanity and emotional depth to it as well."[4] ”

Hammerstein, Ro-Jaws and Mek-Quake would go on to be members of the ABC Warriors, first introduced in Hammerstein's flashbacks to his time in the Volgan War.

After the launch of ABC Warriors Pat Mills never wrote another Ro-Busters story but there were a number of one-offs published in the 2000 AD Annual during the early eighties, most notable three stories by Alan Moore which were the last Ro-Busters tales